Many disabled people, if not all depend on wheelchairs for mobility. Most persons that have a huge degree of disability may find it difficult to operate manual wheelchairs. This set of people are advised to use electric-powered wheelchairs instead. An Electric Wheelchair makes use of a motor or battery system for its movement. It is very easy to operate.
Below is a list of the three most rated Electric wheelchairs in the market;
Best Electric Wheelchair Comparison Table
|Literider Envy Power Mobility Chair||It is a lightweight and compact sized wheelchair||Check Price|
|Vision Power Mobility Scooter Wheelchair||Height of wheelchair can easily be adjusted over a wide range of options for convenient transfers||Check Price|
|Freedom Chair Portable Lightweight Folding Electric Wheelchair||Provides better freedom and convenience||Check Price|
Our Top 3 Best Electric Wheelchair
1. Literider Envy Power Mobility Chair
This wheelchair is extremely portable, versatile, and easy to use. It requires little or no effort for operations. It is both stylish and convenient. The wheelchair has a length of 36, a breadth of 22.5, and a turning radius of 26. This compact size makes it convenient to use for both kitchens and bathrooms. On a single charge, the lifespan of the battery can last up to 15 miles of travel and its nonscuff tires provide easy movements on all terrains. The wheelchair can be reassembled and also disassembled for easy transport from one place to another. It is a lightweight model with the heaviest piece weighing just 25 pounds. The 22 amp batteries are detachable, which allows easy charging by users. It also has a full-sized compact stadium seat made of vinyl material for users’ comfort.
- It is a lightweight and compact sized wheelchair
- It can be reassembled and detatached for easy transportation.
- Rechargeable batteries that can last up to 15 miles of movement.
- The chairs stadium sized seat caused some discomfort for some customers.
Frankly, the only drawback of this wheelchair is the wobbly seats as most customers would say. The benefits of the wheelchair far outclass the setbacks. Having this portable and compact-sized wheelchair can be very helpful.
2. Vision Power Mobility Scooter Wheelchair
For people with limited upper body strength, the Vision Power Wheelchair is a great choice to start with. It is primarily designed for indoor use but it still has the potential to be used outdoors. While seating on the wheelchair, you can adjust your seating preferences from anywhere between 20 to 32 inches, because of an inbuilt scissors lift system. It comes with a 20 to 22-inch seat size for better comfort while moving. It is an extremely balanced and firm Electric Wheelchair having 5 wheels (two 14-inch drive wheels, two 8-inch front casters, and a rear anti-tip caster). People weighing up to 350 pounds can easily use this wheelchair without fear or worry. It has a longer battery range of up to twenty miles and has a top speed of 5mph. The battery life can last way longer if the chair is only used for indoor purposes.
- Height of the wheelchair can easily be adjusted over a wide range of options for convenient transfers.
can be adjusted in a wide range, allowing for convenient transfers
- Good battery life and a maximum speed of 5mph. The battery can last longer if only used for indoor purposes.
- Comfortable, stable seat measuring about 20 to 22 inches.
- So far there have been no complaints about the product by users making it a one in a million kind of wheelchair.
The most amazing feature of the wheelchair is its wide range of height adjustability, making transfers to bed, chair, or car much easier. The chair’s steady speed with long battery life also makes up reasons why users love this wheelchair.
3. Freedom Chair Portable Lightweight Folding Electric Wheelchair
This wheelchair is incredibly comfortable, lightweight, portable, and designed for all terrains. These qualities make it one of the best electric wheelchairs in existence. It has power-assisted mobility and a lightweight foldable design. Its design makes it a perfect choice for users of all ages and all activity levels. Its all-terrain tires and wheels make it usable for both outdoor and indoor purposes. It has a set of powerful brushless motors that allows you to use the wheelchair for extended periods of time without a need to recharge. The wheelchair comes with a single battery and a free 2-ampere charger, it can be programmed to accommodate two batteries for long-distance travels, with only a single charge. Recharging these batteries only take a few hours.
The Electric Wheelchair can be easily operated by using a joystick that can be attached to the wheelchair on any position depending on user’s preference. Electromagnetic brakes that kick in automatically ensure the user’s safety when the joystick is taken off. An anti-tip base ensures users’ safety when moving in an uphill direction. It is available in two models classic and heavy-duty models each meet users’ requirements.
- Provides better freedom and convenience
- Smooth rides in any terrain and can be used for both indoor and outdoor purposes.
- Long-lasting battery life that can accommodate long use without frequent changing.
- Very useful when it comes to everyday mobility.
- Cannot be used effectively by larger or heavier users because of its low weight capacity.
- The product usually comes from outside the USA, making shipping a little slow.
Because of its versatility, it is preferred by most users. Because users are able to move freely without any complaints and because of its high powered mobility system, this wheelchair remains one of the best wheelchairs in existence. The chair is foldable making it more convenient for traveling. The chair is definitely a good choice for medium-sized individuals looking for a user-friendly mobility system.
Best Electric Wheelchair Buying Guide
As a new buyer who has little or no experience when it comes to owning a wheelchair, here are a few tops you can look out for before purchasing one;
- The construction quality and materials used for the chair design matters a lot. So make sure to pay attention to every detail of the wheelchair.
- Your comfort while seating in the chair also matters a lot. Purchase chairs that will provide no inconvenience while using it.
- Select wheelchairs with good functionality and design for easy use and reliability.
- How much you have and are willing to spend is also important. There are countless affordable Best Electric Wheelchair in the market, so spending so much on expensive wheelchairs may not really be a good idea.